Pages

Friday 11 February 2011

Sketch Book part 2

Some more sketches from last semester, mostly experimenting with tone or different objects that I have found out and about, whatever caught my interest at the time.


Colour pencil detail of folds in clothes, using several shades of brown and yellow to add greater depth to the image. I love this way of working, as blending several tones together like that is a simple way of really bringing a picture to life, while essentially keeping the same method of working as before.


A step up from fold in clothes was paper, which I screwed up and drew from life. The colour picture was done in oil pastel, and took a lot of rough scribbling before I was able to find the folds and refine them. I love the sharpness of the creases there, and the depth of the shadow.





One thing I like to be able to do when possible is a study of an object using different viewpoints and materials. Two of my favourite mediums are ink pen and colour pencil, as I find that I can get different types of great detail with these, and they complement each other well.












 These last images are details of bones from a stag skeleton I found in some forest behind my house. Although the skeleton was whole, I decided to pick a few pieces, and the leg bone and vertebra were the mopst recognisable.

They also worked well together as the shapes and textures are so different.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment